The new year has begun - the perfect time to press reset and bring your body back into balance!
The Bouillon de Poireaux (leek broth) is THE beauty secret of the French: It detoxifies, provides important vitamins and supports your health and beauty from within.
Leek is also a miracle weapon for the intestinal flora and the immune system, because it contains water-soluble fiber, which stimulates digestion and cares for the intestinal mucosa, as well as the plant substance allicin. This acts as a natural antibiotic in the body and eliminates negative bacteria in the intestine. Leek soup thus supports a balanced intestinal flora and this is the basis for a strong immune system
The dietary fibers have another advantage: they keep the blood sugar level stable and thus prevent cravings! A dish that belongs on the table much more often!
- 8 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 clove
- 1 x 1.5cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 x 1.5cm piece of fresh turmeric
- 4 sprigs of coriander or parsley
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 10 mixed peppercorns
- Pepper from the Mill
- Organic Lemon
- Olive Oil
Here's how you prepare it:
- Wash the leeks well, dry them and cut them into pieces. Peel the garlic cloves. Peel the onion and add the clove. Peel and slice the ginger and turmeric.
- In a large saucepan, add 1.5 liters of water, add the coarse salt, peppercorns, whole garlic cloves, onion, leek, carrots, ginger, turmeric and herbs. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste the soup. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice and some olive oil, if desired.